Natural Grocers, Inc. has opened its fifth New Mexico location in Las Cruces at 3970 E. Lohman Avenue and is inviting customers to visit, sample new foods and products, and join the Grand Opening Week festivities.
“We are excited to offer the people of Las Cruces and the surrounding communities healthy food options at an affordable price and free nutrition resources,” said Kemper Isely, Co-president of Natural Grocers.
Shoppers in the Las Cruces area may wonder how a grocery store can change people’s lives. “It’s because we provide the resources that people need to live a life of optimum health and vitality even when facing health challenges,” Isely explained.
- Each Natural Grocers store offers many free science-based health and nutrition learning resources, including exceptionally high quality natural and organic groceries, natural body care and dietary supplements – all at affordable prices.
- Natural Grocers will not sell any grocery product that contains artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, or harmful trans fats.
- Natural Grocers sells only USDA Certified Organic produce.
- Meats come from animals that were raised without the use of antibiotics, growth promoters or feed containing animal by products.
- Each Natural Grocers store has a credentialed Nutritional Health Coach (NHC). The service is offered free of charge. NHCs can answer questions on special diet needs, help design a personalized supplement and eating program, or point toward the products that support health and fitness goals. Customers can even sign up for individual coaching sessions or attend a nutrition class or cooking demonstration in the store’s teaching kitchen.
- Throughout the store, the knowledgeable staff welcomes questions about special diets like gluten-free, Paleo, vegetarian/vegan, and low-glycemic, or about specific supplements or products.
- Shoppers can look for more than 680 products from over 40 different New Mexico companies. Product approval guidelines are here.
- Las Cruces shoppers can come in to get yummy cooking demos, hear speakers or attend seminars.
- The store doesn’t offer plastic or paper shopping bags at its registers; groceries are packed in free recycled boxes for customers who don’t bring their own totes.
The Las Cruces store opened on April 1.
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NGVC): Founded in Colorado by Margaret & Philip Isely in 1955, Natural Grocers was built on the premise that consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge to help them support their own health. The family-run store has since grown into a successful national chain with locations across Colorado, Texas, Utah, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Missouri, New Mexico, Montana, Kansas, Idaho, Nebraska,Arizona and Oregon, and employs over 2000 people. The company went public in July 2012. Isely family members continue to manage the company, building on the foundation of their parents’ business.