The 2016 International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE)—the largest and most comprehensive event in the Western Hemisphere for the grain-based food industry—returns to the Las Vegas Convention Center October 8-11, where 20,000+ bakery professionals with gather to network, learn and check out the latest innovations in baking supplies, ingredients and equipment from more than 900 leading manufacturers and suppliers covering more than 700,000 square feet of exhibit space.
“We’re excited for attendees and exhibitors alike to see what’s new at IBIE with programs that facilitate increased networking, more opportunities for hands-on learning and an endless supply of inspiration,” said Michael Cornelis, Chair of IBIE. “IBIE is proud to bring together all segments of the grain-based food industry. We’ve revamped old favorites and added some fresh, exciting features to the mix for 2016 to ensure everyone—whether their first time visitors or show veterans—has a truly exceptional experience.”
A host of stimulating new and returning features will create an even more engaging experience for attendees and exhibitors. Highlights include:
- The All-American Tailgate serves as the official kick-off event, taking place on the opening night of IBIE, October 8 at 4:30 p.m., and provides an incredible opportunity for networking with key colleagues and suppliers from around the globe. Held right on the show floor, tickets include unlimited drinks, tailgate-style food, music, interactive games and, of course, sports on big screens.
- The Idea LAB serves as a hive for innovation and includes the Innovation Spotlight Theater featuring a curated display of the industry’s latest advancements, as well as an “Ask the Experts” answer bar.
- The Innovation Showcase brings the latest advancements to the forefront in a cutting-edge display in the convention center grand concourse.
- IBIE has developed—in conjunction with the Global Gold Chain Alliance (GGCA)—a new pavilion on the show floor dedicated to cold storage solutions and innovations, as well as presenting warehouse, construction and transportation options.
- The American Cake Decorating Demo Theater and The ONE Demonstration Theater by Revent feature free daily demos by celebrity chefs and big-name cooking pros showing off their skills and latest techniques, right on the show floor.
An expanded educational program highlights the latest techniques and proven strategies for streamlining wholesale operations, improving product quality and increasing profits. The 90+ sessions are designed for professionals of all levels and backgrounds.
More than 20 new seminars will focus on the most relevant issues facing the industry today, featuring expanded content for upper management. This year’s speakers are well-known subject matter experts and business moguls that run the largest bakeries in the world, including Todd Hale, Lee Sanders and Ramon Rivera. as well as business moguls who run the largest bakeries in the world.
The education program begins on October 7, the day before the Baking Expo™ opens, with RPIA’s Business of Baking for Beginners seminar and the Tortilla Industry Association’s two-day Technical and Management Conference, which addresses operation skills, safety regulations, quality control, plant efficiency and best practices for the baking industry’s fastest growing market segment.
Education seminars at IBIE 2016 are organized into targeted tracks: AIB Technical, Retail, Bread Bakers Guild of America, International, Management, Sales & Marketing, Ingredients & Processes, Food Safety & Sanitation and Retail Hands-on (Cake & Pastry Decorating). Sessions are held daily from 8:30 a.m. to Noon and in the evening to give attendees plenty of time to explore the latest innovations on the Expo floor.
Popular returning features including: B.E.S.T. in Baking Program, The Great American Pie Festival, PMQ Pizza Village and RBA’s 15th Annual Pillsbury Bakers’ Plus Creative Decorating Competition.
For more information, or to register for IBIE 2016, visit www.IBIE2016.com.