California Olive Ranch has received commitments for an equity investment of $35 million led by a major US-based institutional investor and existing investors. As the largest equity investment funding ever in the domestic extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) industry, California Olive Ranch sets its sights on making U.S. olive oil a significant player on the global stage.
On the basis of the tremendous success of California Olive Ranch over the past five years, this investment enables future expansion to support the insatiable consumer demand for premium California EVOO. This contribution is an investment in the future of U.S. olive oil.
- This funding will allow California Olive Ranch to more than double its acreage.
- California Olive Ranch is able to create more jobs in the harvesting, production and administrative divisions of the business as well as expand the milling infrastructure throughout California.
- Additionally, this boost in financial support will provide family farms with the resources to plant more olive trees and as a result, grow their businesses.
- With the help of investors, California Olive Ranch will also expand its presence by producing organic extra virgin olive oil.
- California Olive Ranch has been researching and developing a scalable method to eliminate its carbon footprint by an initiative called, regenerative agriculture. The newly purchased plots of land will be fully sustainable, making the operation the first large scale implementation of regenerative agriculture for permanent plantings.
“With the support of our investors, this round of funding supports the planting of new acreage for California Olive Ranch, but is also an investment in the future of olive oil,” says President Gregg Kelley. “This investment will accelerate the future of the American olive oil movement, innovate our sustainable harvesting methods and revolutionize our production technology.”
To learn more about California Olive Ranch, where to buy California Olive Ranch products, and all things extra virgin olive oil, visit www.californiaoliveranch.com, or follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Peapod, the country’s first and leading online grocer, is making it even easier for customers to shop on the go by launching their first ever text-to-order grocery application. With the Chat-to-Cart™ platform from StorePower, shoppers can use their phones’ text feature to type, speak and even use popular emoji icons to build and update their Peapod carts.
“At Peapod, we have always been committed to being the ultimate convenience for our customers,” said Cat De Merode, Peapod’s Vice President of Product. “The Chat-to-Cart™ platform was designed for the busy shopper that relies on their mobile device whether at home or on-the-go. Now, instead of texting a family member to pick up an extra gallon of milk, you can text Peapod and let us do the work. The texting functionality complements the Peapod mobile app and desktop website for one seamless ordering process.”
With the simplicity of texting, the list can also be shared across multiple family members for an all-inclusive weekly shop and even synched up with voice activated assistants for voice-to-text convenience. The Chat-to-Cart™ launch follows a string of recent innovations launched by Peapod that are geared towards the connected shopper including Peapod’s award-winning mobile app and Peapod’s voice activated Alexa skill.
Peapod worked with StorePower, a leading creator of online shopping tools, as a first mover in the space to implement its patented Chat-to-Cart™ platform. “This is an exciting example of a proven retailer leveraging the newest technology to help their customers shop faster and smarter,” said Richard Demb, co-Founder of StorePower. “There is a heritage of innovation at Peapod and we’re proud to work with them to continue that legacy. The Peapod team has proven their commitment to early adopters of customer-led innovations.”
There’s no cost to use this service and Peapod customers can begin using Chat-to-Cart™ by clicking this link or texting 1.833.TXT.PPOD. Customers will receive a welcome text from Peapod and can then utilize text ordering at any time by following the below instructions:
- Simply enter products (name or related emoji) via texting application
- Type “Options” to share the list and add contributors (other family members, roommates, etc.)
- Click on the link at any time to edit and check out
- Once the number is saved in contacts, list updates can be made via Siri and Google Assistant
- Type or say “Text Peapod” in the texting app at any time
- Type or say “Reorder” to edit the last order
For more information and to shop Peapod, visit www.Peapod.com, Peapod’s Mobile App and the brand’s social channels: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Fusion Gourmet extends its line of Old Fashioned Confections with its new Mandy’s Butter Cookies. Artisan baked with sweet butter cream and classic wholesome ingredients, these cookies will satisfy cookie and chocolate lovers alike with the perfect combination of rich aroma, softly crisp texture, and the decadent taste of real butter. Pair Mandy’s Butter Cookies with coffee, tea or milk, or bask in this delightful snack as an anytime treat. Available in three delicious recipes: Select Classics, Chocolate Chip, and Double Chocolate.
The suggested retail price is $3.99.