Doug Rauch, former president of Trader Joe’s, and CEO of Conscious Capitalism, Inc. will speak about his latest venture, Daily Table, at the Summer Fancy Food Show.
Daily Table is a pioneering retail venture designed to provide healthy, ready-to-eat meals at fast-food prices, fresh produce and other items to individuals dealing with hunger. The first location opened last month in Dorcester, Massachusetts.
Rauch’s session, “How to Do Good While Doing Well in the Marketplace,” is part of a full menu of seminars and workshops at the show, North America’s largest trade event for the specialty food industry. Owned and produced by the Specialty Food Association, the show takes place June 28 – 30 at Javits Center in New York. The session is 10 – 11 a.m. Monday, June 29.
Also in the line-up is trend expert Suzy Badaracco who will discuss food and flavor trends across generations and examine the difference in consumer behavior between the generations.
“Thought leadership has become a growing part of our show and our culture,” said Ann Daw, President of the Specialty Food Association, owner and producer of the Fancy Food Show. “Every year we strive to present speakers who provide new insights into what drives our industry, which is constantly evolving.”
Show seminars are designed for all levels of the specialty food trade, from newcomers curious about turning their favorite recipe into a business venture, to veterans who are looking to create a succession plan. Highlights include:
- The Basics – The Business of Specialty Food – full-day workshop for beginners
- How to Succeed in the U.S. Specialty Food Market for International Companies
- Finance Your Business – four-hour workshop
- Price it Right: Using Costs to Create Real World Price Sheets
- The Theater of Retail: Understanding the Consumer Experience with Kevin Kelley
- Non-GMO: Go or No Go? A Roundtable Discussion