The Specialty Food Association (SFA) returns to San Francisco January 21-23, 2018, with its 43rd annual Winter Fancy Food Show. Held at Moscone Center, the largest specialty food and beverage trade show on the west coast will feature the latest in innovative specialty food products.
Registration is now open at fancyfoodshows.com.
More than 1,400 exhibitors will cover more than three and a half football fields of space and showcase 90,000 specialty food products. From the United States, California will have the largest show presence, with more than 351 companies represented, followed by New York (98) and New Jersey (52). Vendors from 23 countries will travel to the show, with Italy, Japan and France having the largest pavilions. Top names in retailing, foodservice, and hospitality flock to the show to discover new products, observe trends, and network.
“This is a precedent-setting time for industry buyers from all channels,” said Phil Kafarakis, President of the Specialty Food Association. “Specialty food sales are rapidly outpacing the traditional categories. The Winter Fancy Food Show is where buyers and retailers will find innovation on display and have the chance to see and sample the newest of the new and the best of the best. It’s a show not to be missed.”
Show highlights will include a full range of educational programming and events including:
- SFA 6th annual Leadership Awards Ceremony, Sunday, January 21, 5:00 – 6:30 pm
- Super Sessions and Excite talks featuring innovative thinkers in specialty food, sustainability, commerce, and food tech
- What’s New, What’s Hot showcase presenting hundreds of on-trend products
- “New Brands on the Shelf” area featuring up-and-coming producers who are SFA Member Candidates
- Front Burner: Foodservice Pitch Competition, Monday, January 22, 5:00 – 7:00
- Educational installations on the show floor highlighting the latest trends and business ideas
- Incubator Alley where new specialty food stars will display their products at the earliest stage
- Major food donation at show’s end to Feed the Hungry
BCGA Concept Corp., manufacturer of Brooklyn Crafted, announced the launch of Brooklyn Crafted Mini Bottles, a new line of craft ginger beers cased in 7 fluid ounce bottles. Available in four delicious flavors – Traditional, Earl Grey, Lemon & Lime and Mango – each authentic ginger beer variety is made with 100 percent fresh, unfiltered ginger pieces. The new line of Mini Bottles joins Brooklyn Crafted’s existing product line, including Extra Spicy Ginger Beer, Extra Spicy Sugar Free Ginger Beer and Sugar Free Ginger Ale, which are a 12 fluid ounce size.
Crafted in Bushwick, Brooklyn, the new Brooklyn Crafted Mini Bottles line, include:
- Brooklyn Crafted Traditional Ginger Beer: Featuring classic notes of spice and ginger, the Traditional Ginger Beer allows simple ingredients to shine.
- Brooklyn Crafted Earl Grey Ginger Beer: One of the most unique ginger beer flavors, this variety packs a bold, ginger taste with the pleasant aroma of Earl Grey brewed from real tea leaves.
- Brooklyn Crafted Lemon & Lime Ginger Beer: With a refreshing fusion of lemon and lime, this twist on the classic citrus combo features a subtle ginger kick.
- Brooklyn Crafted Mango Ginger Beer: Enjoy the tropics with this Mango Ginger Beer flavor that provides a thirst- quenching blend of sweet and spicy.
In the rising ginger beverage category, the launch of the new Brooklyn Crafted Mini Bottles brings ginger lovers a unique ginger brew size to enjoy on their own or incorporate into cocktails. With all four SKUs offering trendy flavor profiles combined with fresh, unfiltered ginger beer, the new line is an ideal on-the-go refreshment or welcome addition to a cocktail bar.
“At Brooklyn Crafted, we continue to expand our craft beverage portfolio in response to our customers evolving ginger beer demands” said Terry Tang, Co-founder and CEO of BCGA. “Ginger is one of the fastest growing beverage trends, and with our new line of Brooklyn Crafted Mini Bottles, we are offering consumers a range of SKUs that provide convenience of size and fuse of popular flavors with the freshness and authenticity of Brooklyn Crafted.”
Brooklyn Crafted Mini Bottles retail for $1.49 per bottle, and are available at New York City restaurants and retailers, including Sahadis, Malt & Mold, Tribeca Grill, Bunker and some Key Foods locations, with additional national and online distribution rolling out in 2017.
Pacific Foods has been a staple in the soup aisle since it launched its first creamy tomato soup in 1999. Today, the brand is adding even more heartiness to its classic flavors with a line of Organic Crème Fraiche Soups. Inspired by its best-selling creamy soups, the crème fraiche varieties are flavorful, rich and full of protein – 10g per serving!
Pacific’s new offerings are a great vegetarian sources of protein, and can be served as a stand-alone meal or as a side.
There are three savory varieties: Organic Crème Fraiche Tomato Soup, Organic Crème Fraiche Roasted Red Pepper Soup and Organic Crème Fraiche Butternut Squash Soup. All are vegetarian and gluten free, and each offers 10 grams of protein per serving.
The soups are hitting shelves this fall at natural food stores and conventional grocers. The suggested retail price is $5.99 per 32 fluid-ounce package.