Esca Bona, an event dedicated to accelerating innovation within the good food movement, will take place in Austin, Texas from October 26, 2015 to October 28, 2015 at the Sheraton Austin Hotel. Esca Bona will connect trend-setting entrepreneurs, game-changing technologists and visionary business leaders from across the supply chain with the end goal of magnifying the positive innovation happening in food. The event is produced by New Hope Natural Media.
This highly-curated gathering will spotlight many of the most transformative ideas shaping our food future. Credible, influential voices from all aspects of the food supply chain will partner through actionable formats such as a Rapid Prototype Workshop, a Global Town Hall and an “Entrepreneur’s Kitchen and Garage” to create new solutions to the challenges of accessibility, scalability and transparency facing our current food system.
“Change is happening at a faster rate than ever before” said Carlotta Mast, Executive Content Director and Event Ambassador for Esca Bona. “We believe the next-generation innovators, mission-based disruptors and revolutionary change-agents need a place to come together to accelerate their ability to create a better food world.”
The five macro concepts currently shaping the content of the event include:
- Trust Through Transparency: From soil to stomach, the modern consumer’s quest for good food assurance is driving radical changes across the food ecosystem. The conference will address how suppliers, technologists, retailers and brands are collaborating for supreme transparency.
- Massive Access and Affordability: Can great food really reach the masses? How do we get from where we are to the world we want? Esca Bona will explore how by bringing big food, smart food and good food closer together, the industry can overcome the many barriers preventing great food from getting to those who need it most.
- Authenticity Rock Stardom: Doing well has not always meant doing good. While those tables may have turned, the rise of the authentic brand is still not an easy one. The conference will explore whether authentic, mission-based brands can continue to climb the ranks of the food dynasties or become destined to lose their way.
- Saving Food’s Renegades: We need to fortify our future good food leaders, but supporting the break-through technologies of tomorrow will require more than capital. Esca Bona will dig into the “what” of how to best ensure the success of tomorrow’s food leaders.
- Nourishtech: The future is already closer than we think—and it’s disrupting everything. Chicken-less eggs and cow-less hamburgers aren’t just in labs, they’re hitting consumers’ plates. What can food technology do for us, how can we make it sustainable, nourishing and more importantly—in arm’s reach of the average consumer?
Participants will convene inspired by the people they will meet, learn from, work with and mentor during their time in Austin—and they will leave supported by the new relationships, friendships and partners they will need to fast track their ideas, missions and businesses.