Anuga, the world’s leading food fair for the retail trade and the foodservice and catering markets, will take place October 7-11, 2017, at Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany. Here are five reasons to attend.
- The 2015 expo attracted nearly 160,000 trade visitors from 192 countries. Event organizers anticipate breaking this record in 2017, as Cologne continues to attract buyers and sellers from all countries around the world. That’s because Anuga has become the benchmark for all food trade fairs worldwide in terms of both quality and quantity.
- This biennial event is a central business and communications platform for all players involved in the development, manufacturing, marketing, distribution and sale of food and beverage.
- Anuga is where new products make their debut to complement today’s and tomorrow’s trends.
- Anuga prides itself on being 10 trade shows under one roof. This design is a well-arranged layout divided up into themed areas, which makes it easy to focus and get work done. The halls are: 1) Bread & Bakery, 2) Chilled & Fresh Food, 3) Culinary Concepts, 4) Dairy, 5) Drinks, 6) Fine Food, 7) Frozen Food, 8) Meat, 9) Hot Beverages and 10) Organic.
- Anuga creates trend platforms before the exhibition to make it easy to find exhibitors, participate in educational programs and attend special events that are important to your business. For the 2015 expo, these platforms included: Fair Trade, Gourmet, Halal, Health/Functional Foods, Ingredients, Kosher, Organic, Private Label, Vegan and Vegetarian.
Mark your calendar for the 34th Anuga taking place October 7-11, 2017. For more information, visit www.anuga.com.
Sargento Foods is giving cheese lovers a balanced way to satisfy their sweet tooth with the release of Sweet Balanced Breaks® Snacks. This new product combines the savory flavors of creamy, natural cheese with sweet ingredients like dried fruits and dark chocolate.
Sweet Balanced Breaks Snacks add to the wide range of Sargento® cheese snacks. The four Sweet Balanced Breaks Snack varieties feature 5-7 grams of protein and fewer than 200 calories per serving.
“We have been thrilled with the response to Balanced Breaks Snacks, and we wanted to give our loyal fans even more variety and convenience in their snacks,” said Ryan Hemsing, Director of Marketing for the Sargento Foods Consumer Products Division. “The Sweet Balanced Breaks line lets people embrace their sweet side with the perfect balance of indulgence and real goodness.”
The tempting new combinations are:
- Natural Cheddar Cheese, Raisins, Sea-Salted Roasted Almonds and Greek Yogurt-Flavored Drops
- Monterey Jack Natural Cheese, Dried Cranberries, Banana Chips and Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Natural Cheddar Cheese, Raspberry Flavored Dried Cranberries, Graham Crackers and Milk Chocolate Chunks
- Monterey Jack Natural Cheese, Dried Cranberries and Dark Chocolate-Coated Peanuts
Sargento Sweet Balanced Breaks Snacks are available in packages of three 1.5-ounce snacks for a suggested retail price of $3.69. They can be found at retailers nationwide in the dairy aisle. For more information and product availability, visit www.sargento.com.
World Finer Foods (WFF) has chosen William Flynn, a senior executive with more than 20 years of experience leading global finance teams, as its Chief Financial Officer, according to company President and CEO Susan Guerin.
This latest addition to World Finer Foods reinforces the company’s commitment to bringing together an award-winning team of exceptionally talented professionals and industry experts, offering unparalleled expertise in brand management, sales, marketing, finance, distribution and logistics.
Flynn joins World Finer Foods after 12 years at Sharp Americas, first as vice president and controller, and for the last seven years as senior vice president and chief financial officer. Prior to Sharp, Flynn was international controller at AT&T managing day-to-day accounting operations and a worldwide staff.
“William brings to World Finer Foods tremendous leadership and management qualities, a track record of smart financial oversight for two global companies and an eagerness to tackle the unique financial operations of WFF,” said Guerin. “His expertise will certainly be of value in managing a global business such as ours and we are delighted to have him join our leadership team.”
“World Finer Foods is well positioned in its market and has a product portfolio that aligns nicely with evolving food purchasing and consumption habits,” said Flynn. “I’m excited to have the opportunity to drive operational efficiencies throughout WFF and have a positive impact on the financial performance of the business.”
Flynn is a certified public accountant with a master’s degree in controllership from Fairleigh Dickinson University and a bachelor’s degree in accounting and economics from Rutgers University.