With three Southern California locations officially open for business and another three scheduled to open by week’s end, West Coast regional grocery chain Haggen has announced the first five senior members of its Pacific Southwest leadership team. They are:
- WendyOliver, SVP, Operations. A former Vice President of the Southern California Division of Albertsons
- ChrisLinskey, SVP, Marketing. A veteran of Vons, Linskey was most recently EVP, Sales, with Intelligent Clearing Network after working for Valassis and Catalina Interactive.
- RichWinters, VP, Fresh foods. He was formerly VP of Sales and Business Development for Sun Pacific, Pasadena, Calif., and, before that, VP, Retail Merchandising and Marketing, for the Northern California Division of Safeway.
- JaimePrager, VP, Center Store, who was formerly Director of Hispanic Category Management for Smart & Final, Los Angeles
- MelinaRanii, VP, Human Resources, formerly Director of Recruitment and Development for Trader Joe’s in Monrovia, Calif.
“Each of our leaders has extensive experience in the grocery business as well as professional and personal connections to the Southern California marketplace,” said Bill Shaner, Haggen CEO Pacific Southwest. “You couldn’t ask for a stronger group to lead our historic rollout of 100 stores in 100 days.”
As Haggen continues to grow, opportunities are available at the division office located in Irvine. Food enthusiasts interested in joining the team can explore growth and employment opportunities at www.haggen.com.
Opening More Doors to Shoppers in San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Kern and San Bernardino Counties
Haggen opened its first doors to Southern California shoppers on March 11 at 7660 El Camino Real in Carlsbad, followed by two additional stores in El Cajon (at 13439 Camino Canada and 1608 Broadway Street) on March 18. Two more San Diego stores are scheduled to open today (at 730 Turquoise Street and 2235 University Avenue), followed by another location at 360 East H Street in Chula Vista on Sunday, March 22.
On March 24, Haggen will open its first store in Los Angeles County at 5038 W Avenue North in Palmdale, and its debut Orange County location at 30922 South Pacific Coast Hwy. in Laguna Beach. On March 31, Haggen will open its first two stores in Kern County at 7900 White Lane and 3500 Panama Lane in Bakersfield, and its first San Bernardino location at 4200 Chino Hills Pkwy Ste. 400 in Chino Hills.
These stores are the first of 83 California stores Haggen plans to acquire and convert to the Haggen brand in the first half of 2015. Once the acquisition is completed, the grocery chain will expand from 18 stores with 16 pharmacies to 164 stores with 106 pharmacies; from 2,000 employees to more than 10,000 employees; and from a Pacific Northwest company with locations in Oregon and Washington to a major regional grocery chain with locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona. The 26 Washington store conversions began in mid-February, and 20 Oregon store conversions are beginning this week. The seven Nevada and 10 Arizona stores will be the last to convert in the late spring. Each week, between one and 12 stores will be converted.