The United States Olympic Committee and Chobani just announced a long-term partnership through 2020. Through this extension, Chobani will serve as the official yogurt provider to Team USA for the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2018 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea, and 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Tokyo, Japan.
“Chobani has served as an important addition to our roster of partners, and we are thrilled the company will remain in the USOC sponsor family through 2020,” said USOC chief marketing officer Lisa Baird. “Through its ongoing commitment to creating healthy products and promoting healthy lifestyle choices, Chobani has been an integral partner in our mission to support the competitive aspirations of current and future Team USA athletes, many of whom include Chobani in their diets and training regimens.”
The USOC first announced its partnership with Chobani in 2012, representing a new category in its roster of industry-leading sponsors. In 2014, Chobani packaging featured winter sport icons with the tagline, “naturally powering Team USA.” Through the terms of the new agreement, Chobani will continue to carry the Team USA logo through the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
“Our partnership with Team USA couldn’t be a more natural fit, and we’re extremely proud to continue helping these athletes on their journeys for gold,” said Peter McGuinness, Chobani chief marketing and brand officer. “Like the athletes and teams we’re naturally powering, we strive to deliver our best each and every day.”
A wide range of Chobani products will continue to be made available to athletes living or training at the U.S. Olympic Training Centers in Colorado Springs, Colo., Chula Vista, Calif., and Lake Placid, N.Y. In addition, USOC dietitians and culinary teams will continue to work closely with Chobani to incorporate the high-protein food into pre-competition and training menus.
“Chobani is more than a part of my diet, it’s truly been part of my training,” said Zach Parise, U.S. Olympic ice hockey silver medalist. “What you’re eating really matters when it comes to fueling peak performance and going for gold, and it’s exciting to know Chobani will continue to fuel Team USA toward victory for years to come.”
“Chobani has been a core part of my diet, whether its summer or winter, and whether I’m training or competing for gold,” said Allison Jones, a U.S. Paralympic medalist in both alpine skiing and cycling. “It’s made a noticeable difference in my nutrition plan, and I’m excited Chobani has committed to being a Team USA sponsor for the long term.”
Products made available to athletes at the training centers will include:
- Chobani core single-serve cups, which provide up to 12 grams of protein per cup, feature Chobani’s Fruit on the Bottom, Blended and Variety Packs, which provide nutritious foods using only natural ingredients.
- Chobani Nonfat Milk and Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt in multiserve containers is ideal for making smoothies, baking, or on top of a baked potato, chili and fajitas.
- Chobani Simply 100 Greek Yogurt is the recently-launched natural 100-calorie Greek Yogurt, a low-calorie option for weight managers looking for light yogurt made with only natural ingredients. It’s the first and only 100-calorie Greek Yogurt using only natural ingredients.
- Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats is yogurt with nutritious oats that’s great for breakfast. Each cup is chilled and hearty, with creamy, authentically-strained Greek Yogurt mixed with real ripe fruit and gluten-free, whole grain steel-cut oats. Available in traditional flavors such as Banana Maple, Apple Cinnamon, Blueberry and Cranberry, the product is a cup of protein-, grain- and fiber-packed nourishment.
- Chobani Flip™ Greek Yogurt is a proven staple of the Chobani portfolio designed for afternoon snacking that pairs Greek Yogurt with a side of culinary-inspired mix-ins. Chobani recently added Clover Honey to its portfolio, a combination of low-fat plain Greek Yogurt and pure clover honey, available in select regions nationwide.