Boulder, CO, May 27, 2014 – Natural Products Expo East 2014, the East Coast’s largest natural, organic and healthy products event, is expecting continued growth with more new exhibitors and more new products than ever before. The event will take place September 17-20, 2014 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Maryland and is open to trade only. Natural Products Expo East embraces the food and beverage, supplements, beauty, household and pet products categories. The event is produced by New Hope Natural Media.
“Following a record-breaking event in California last month, Natural Products Expo East will showcase more new exhibitors and more new products than ever before. The Expo show floor is nearly sold out and reception to our conference program is tremendous. With the focus on healthier lifestyles we are looking forward to celebrating the natural, organic and healthy products industry this fall,” said Adam Andersen, show director for Natural Products Expos.
The natural products industry is poised to grow to $226 billion by 2018 with an annual growth rate of 8.6 percent. Key trends driving the global natural products industry include:
- The Health & Wellness Consumers. The healthy eating movement is spreading across all demographic groups. Five distinct consumer segments, differentiated by lifestyles, behaviors, attitudes and beliefs about health and wellness have been created for the industry.
- Convenience & Accessibility: The importance of making nutritious, clean food more accessible and convenient across multidimensional demographics and how will it affect the health and wellness of all Americans.
- Labeling Transparency: Consumers are asking for transparency with regard to food/product labels, claims and certifications, including non-GMO and organic.
- Food Tribes: The growing gluten-free, vegan, paleo and other special diet communities are fueling the healthy eating movement and changing the way people view food and community.
- The Future of Personalized Health: With nutrigenomic advances and the rise of food intolerances and autoimmune diseases, we are learning that one person’s “medicine” is another’s “poison.”
Event attendees will benefit from the talent and wisdom of the Natural Products Expo speakers. Doug Tompkins, Founder, The Foundation for Deep Ecology, will keynote the event. In 1964, he founded The North Face to make and sell outdoor equipment and later co-founded Esprit clothing company. Tompkins is an American environmentalist, prominent landowner, conservationist and entrepreneur.
The Natural Products Expo East education themes areBig Data, Digital Strategies, Retail Dietitians, Women in Leadership, Consumer Trends and Specialty Diets. Several education sessions include: .
- Big Data: The Truth About the Health & Wellness Shopper
- Retail Dietitians: Evolving the Retail Food Service Line
- Special Diets: Gluten-free
- Special Diets: Understand the Paleo Diet – What it is and Why It’s Trending
Natural Products Expo East will offer many learning and networking programs:
- The Retailer Workshop offers retailers a complete day of education geared toward business and the natural products industry. .
- The Retail Store Tour offers a guided tour of several of Maryland’s best natural products and specialty stores. In addition, industry experts provide tips on running a successful retail business.
- The NEXT Accelerator Entrepreneur Boot Camp is designed to inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs with individuals who can help them grow their businesses. .
- The Women in Naturals Networking event is dedicated to women in the natural products industry looking to network and learn From other professionals.
- The Community Celebration brings industry veterans and colleagues together to network.
- The Harvest Festival features an array of products in a festival-style atmosphere. The event combines the lively appeal of a traditional farmers’ market, with the business-building power of an industry trade show.
For complete information on Natural Products Expo East, visit expoeast.com.
Follow @NatProdExpo on Twitter for ongoing conversations or connect on Facebook or LinkedIn groups to keep up on Natural Products Expo latest developments.
About New Hope Natural Media
New Hope Natural Media, a division of Penton, is the leading media resource and information provider for the natural, organic and healthy products industry, with print, in-person/event, and e-business products and services.
Heather Smith New Hope Natural Media Phone: (303) 998-9232 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org